The Summer 2020 Issue of FORUM is now available. Log in to your FGS account to access the magazine.
Here’s a look at what is inside.
- In “Mexican War Records: Worth a Look” by Heather Robb reminds us of these important pension records and why we need to look for records of our ancestors within them.
- “Don’t Forget the DNA Projects” by Jane G. Haldeman explains why we should join DNA projects to help with family connections and supplement our research.
- Looking for ideas to help your society as it strives to serve members from all ethnic groups in your community? “Reaching Out: Designing Outreach Training Programs to Reflect Your Community” by Jacqi Stevens shares tips and a success story to do just that.
- Have piles or boxes of “stuff”? “What to Do With That Box: Processing Family Papers & Photos” by Cynthia K. Patton gives a step-by-step approach to organizing, preserving, and sharing family treasures.
- Check out “FGS 2020 Is Going Virtual” to learn why the FGS conference is going virtual in September.
Also, in this issue:
- Spotlight on Member Projects: “Ethnic Societies, Collections & More” by Cari A. Taplin, CG
- Ethics & Standards: “An Ordered View” by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL
- Next Generation: “Organize Your Books” by Shannon Combs-Bennett, MSc, QG, PLCGS
- Records Preservation & Access: “NARA Updates, Maps, Nebraska Death Index & More” by Linda McCleary, MLS
- Before You Go . . .
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
How to access FORUM
FGS Member Society Leadership: The main contact, delegate, and other board members for FGS member societies and family associations can access the magazine by logging into their account at fgs.org. After logging in, click on “Access FORUM Subscription” or “Access Members Only Benefits > FORUM Archives” to access the magazine. If you are the FGS delegate or a board member for a member organization and have not received a login, please contact the person in your organization who manages the FGS account. If you don’t know who that person is, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
FGS Associate Organizations: The main contact for FGS associate organizations can access the magazine by logging into their account at fgs.org. After logging in, click on “Access FORUM Subscription” or “Access Members Only Benefits > FORUM Archives” to access the magazine.
FGS FORUM subscribers: Subscribers can access the magazine by logging into their account fgs.org. After logging in, click “Access FORUM Subscription” to access the magazine.
Who can subscribe to FORUM? Anyone. You don’t have to be a member of a genealogical society to subscribe to FORUM.
Please note that if you are currently the FGS delegate for or serving on the board of an FGS member society or family association, you have access to the magazine through the organization’s FGS membership and do not need a subscription.
Genealogical Society Leaders: If your society is not a member of the Federation of Genealogical Societies, become one today and let your society’s leadership begin accessing FORUM and its 25+ year archives, which is just one of the many benefits of FGS membership.
Keep updated on the FGS 2020 Conference!
Visit our webpage: FGSConference.org
Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog!