The Spring 2020 Issue of FORUM is now available. Log in to your FGS account to access the magazine.
Here’s a look at what is inside.
• To celebrate the 100th anniversary of women receiving the right to vote, Gena Philibert-Ortega asks in her article if we are using Voting Records in our family research. “Votes for Women” looks at the Suffragette Movement and how to find records for your ancestors.
• Have Ancestors from Germany in your tree? In “A MeyersGaz.org Primer,” Luana M. Darby, MLIS, AG shares what she calls a “game-changer” for finding places of origin.
Also, in this issue:
• “FGS 2020: “Research Opportunities in and Around Kansas City, Missouri” by Sherri Camp
• Spotlight on Member Projects: “Special Projects, Education & More” by Cari A. Taplin, CG
• Ethics & Standards: ” Oh, those Assumptions . . . ” by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL
• Next Generation: ” A Generational Approach to Volunteering ” by Shannon Combs-Bennett, MSc, QG, PLCGS
• Records Preservation & Access: ” Us-Mexican War Database, USCIS Proposed Fee Increase & More ” by Linda McCleary, MLS
• Before You Go . . .
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
How to access FORUM
FGS Member Society Leadership: The main contact, delegate, and other board members for FGS member societies and family associations can access the magazine by logging into their account at fgs.org. After logging in, click on “Access FORUM Subscription” or “Access Members Only Benefits > FORUM Archives” to access the magazine. If you are the FGS delegate or a board member for a member organization and have not received a login, please contact the person in your organization who manages the FGS account. If you don’t know who that person is, contact email@example.com.
FGS Associate Organizations: The main contact for FGS associate organizations can access the magazine by logging into their account at fgs.org. After logging in, click on “Access FORUM Subscription” or “Access Members Only Benefits > FORUM Archives” to access the magazine.
FGS FORUM subscribers: Subscribers can access the magazine by logging into their account fgs.org. After logging in, click “Access FORUM Subscription” to access the magazine.
Who can subscribe to FORUM? Anyone. You don’t have to be a member of a genealogical society to subscribe to FORUM.
Please note that if you are currently the FGS delegate for or serving on the board of an FGS member society or family association, you have access to the magazine through the organization’s FGS membership and do not need a subscription.
Genealogical Society Leaders: If your society is not a member of the Federation of Genealogical Societies, become one today and let your society’s leadership begin accessing FORUM and its 25+ year archives, which is just one of the many benefits of FGS membership.
Keep updated on the FGS 2020 Conference!
Visit our webpage: FGSConference.org
Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog!