FEDERATION OF GENEALOGICAL SOCIETIES MEMBERSHIP TYPES
Genealogical Societies, Historical Societies, and Family Associations
Libraries, Archives, Educational Institutions, and Businesses offering products and services to the genealogical community
Joining and renewing is easy!
To Join: Use the online membership form even if you need to mail in a check. After completing the application information, you will have a choice to pay online by credit card or mail in a check (by selecting "Pay Later" and "I will mail in a check."). Using the online form will enable your new account to be created immediately. If you pay online, you will have immediate access to member benefits. If you choose mailing a payment, member benefits will not be available until payment is received.
To Renew: Sign into your account to use the online renewal form. You will have a choice to pay online by credit card or mail in a check (by selecting "Pay Later" and "I will mail in a check.").
If you cannot join or renew online, you may print and mail this form.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about FGS membership.
Society Membership Levels
The membership year for FGS runs for twelve months from the date an organization joins. Renewals will extend the current end date for twelve months.
All memberships prior to July 2018 were on a calendar year basis. Membership dues for Member Societies and Associations are based on number of members.
1 – 50 Members
51 – 99 Members
100 – 199 Members
200 – 299 Members
300 – 399 Members
400 – 499 Members
500 – 999 Members
Society Member Benefits
Benefits for FGS Societies and Associations include:
- Listing in Find a Society
- Access to the FGS Members-only Area
- Bylaws, Newsletter, and Website Reviews
- Access for your Board of Directors to FORUM, including the archive of issues from 1989 to present.
- Your submitted events and webinars listed in Society Events.
- Access for your Board of Directors to the FGS Webinar Archives and available Focus On Societies audio recordings from past FGS conferences
- Access to the FGS Reach Out series of white papers which cover topics related to partnerships with other organizations in your community or region
- Access to details of Partner Benefit Program discounts with companies such as MyHeritage, Genealogy Gems, Vivid-Pix, and Dell Computers
- Access to the FGS Member Society Leadership Forum Facebook Group
- 10 free FORUM subscriptions/year to give as door prizes.
Associate Organization Member Benefits
Benefits for FGS Associate Organizations (libraries, archives, educational institutions, and businesses offering products and services to the genealogical community) include:
For all Associate Organizations:
- Listing in Find A Society
- 10% discount on advertising in FORUM and in the annual FGS National Conference Program and Syllabus
- *Access to the FGS Members-only Area
- *One complimentary subscription to FORUM
- *Access to the archive of issues of FGS FORUM from 1989 to present
- *Access to details of Partner Benefit Program discounts with companies such as MyHeritage, Genealogy Gems, and Dell Computers
For Non-profit Associate Organizations:
- Your submitted events and webinars listed in the FGS Society Events Calendar
*These benefits are available to the contact person listed on the Associate Organization account.
Note: FGS Associate Organizations do not have Delegates and are not eligible to vote in FGS elections.
Dues for Associate Organizations are $35.