- Many valuable records can be found in archives. In “Finding Great-grandma’s Diary Using Archive Grid,” Paula Stewart-Warren CG, FMGS, FUGA shows how to use this resource for locating a collection that may be helpful to your research.
- Thinking about becoming a Certified or Accredited Genealogist? Diane C. Loosle, AG, CG explains what you need to know about each credential and what may be best for you in “A Quick Guide to Genealogy Credentials.”
- Looking for a fun way to fundraise for your society? Gena Philibert- Ortega shares a tasty idea in “Cooking up Genealogy: A Recipe for Fundraising”.
- “Use the DAR Genealogical Research System to Find Your Ancestors” by Carol Genug explains the databases within the website and how they can help you find information that may break down those brick walls.
- FGS 2019 in Washington, DC: It’s the Place to Be!” by Jenny Hawran, Katherine R. Willson and Pamela K. Sayre, CG, FUGA
And that’s not all.
5….. Editor’s Message: Finding Your Way
35…. Spotlight on Member Projects: “Education, SIGs & Moore” by Cari A. Taplin, CG
38…. Ethics & Standards: “Doing it Right: Using DNA in Genealogy” by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL
41…. Next Generation: “Self-Promotion and the Lonely Genealogist: Let’s Get Together and Learn!” by Shannon Combs-Bennett
43…. Records Preservation & Access: “Digitized Records, Preservation Projects & More” by Linda McCleary, MLS
46…. Beyond Boxes and Binders: “There’s More to the Story” by Linda Coffin
48…. Forensic Genealogy: “More on Forensic Genealogy, DNA Databases, and Law Enforcement.” by Helen Haldeman Daglas
62….Before You Go . . .
How to access FORUM
FGS Member Society Leadership: The main contact, delegate, and other board members for FGS member societies and family associations can access the magazine by logging into their account at fgs.org. After logging in, click on “Access FORUM Subscription” or “Access Members Only Benefits > FORUM Archives” to access the magazine. If you are the FGS delegate or a board member for a member organization and have not received a login, please contact the person in your organization who manages the FGS account. If you don’t know who that person is, contact email@example.com.
FGS Associate Organizations: The main contact for FGS associate organizations can access the magazine by logging into their account at fgs.org. After logging in, click on “Access FORUM Subscription” or “Access Members Only Benefits > FORUM Archives” to access the magazine.
FGS FORUM subscribers: Subscribers can access the magazine by logging into their account fgs.org. After logging in, click “Access FORUM Subscription” to access the magazine.
Who can subscribe to FORUM? Anyone. You don’t have to be a member of a genealogical society to subscribe to FORUM.
Please note that if you are currently the FGS delegate for or serving on the board of an FGS member society or family association, you have access to the magazine through the organization’s FGS membership and do not need a subscription.
Genealogical Society Leaders: If your society is not a member of the Federation of Genealogical Societies, become one today and let your society’s leadership begin accessing FORUM and its 25+ year archives, which is just one of the many benefits of FGS membership.