The Federation of Genealogical Societies today launched a new Login ID and password system for its members. In response to members’ requests, FGS has developed a new Login ID and password program that uses the same ID and password to access both the Members Only area of the FGS website and the newly re-launched Society Hall.
An email was sent to the primary contact and delegate for each FGS member organization in good standing today that email contains the organization’s new Login ID and password. (Associate member organizations do not have delegates.) With this new information, you can access two important areas and take advantage of members-only benefits.
Members Only Area:
- The Members Only area provides access to the electronic magazine, the FGS FORUM. Member societies receive two complimentary copies of this electronic magazine published quarterly in PDF format. The archive of electronic copies are available from 1989 to present
- The archive of the FGS Voice, FGS’ monthly electronic newsletter is available here.
- The Society Strategies Series papers provide suggestions and instructions for the management of genealogical societies, historical societies, and family associations. These documents are free to members and are available in PDF format.
- FGS offers a free review of societies’ bylaws and make suggestions for changes and updates. Details about this service are available here.
- Details about the FGS National Insurance Program for Genealogical Societies is also available here.
FGS issued a press release on August 18, 2010, at the 2010 FGS Conference in Knoxville, Tennessee, about the re-launch of its Society Hall information service at its website. FGS members in good standing receive an enhanced listing for their organization that contains contact information, a link to its website, membership benefits, periodicals, publications, and other information. The new Login ID and password allow you to update and maintain your listing, thus providing you with yet another way to publicize your society or organization.
Members in good standing with up-to-date dues will continue to enjoy these benefits. If your genealogical society, historical society, family association, library, or genealogical vendor is not yet a member and is interested, please visit the Membership area of the FGS website at https://fgs.org/membership for more information and to join FGS.