The Federation of Genealogical Societies publishes FORUM, a quarterly interactive electronic magazine providing current information essential to the informed genealogist.
Society leaders and delegates of FGS member organizations have access to the magazine as part of their member benefits. Subscriptions are available to others for purchase. Scroll down for those details.
- Articles on a variety of subjects of interest to all genealogists
- Regular columns:
- Ethics & Standards by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL
- Forensic Genealogy by Helen Haldeman Daglas
- Beyond Boxes & Binders by Linda Coffin
- Records Preservation and Access by Linda McCleary
- Next Generation by Shannon Combs-Bennett
- Reviews covering a wide variety of publications and products by various reviewers
- Inbox (similar to letters to the editor in other publications)
- Help Desk (the place to ask questions)
- Articles and tips for more effective society management
- And much, much more!
FORUM subscribers should go to the Access FORUM Subscription page to download the magazine.
Member society leaders should go to the FORUM Archives under Members Only to download the magazine.
Users must be signed in first.
Curious about FORUM? Download a free issue: Vol 28, No. 2, Summer 2016 (published June 2016).
FORUM welcomes article submissions from the genealogical community.
The publications dates and deadlines for content submissions are:
See Advertise in FORUM for details about advertising opportunities.
If you have a publication or product for review contact FORUM Managing Editor Julie Tarr at email@example.com.
Please contact the managing editor with any additional questions. Thank you for your interest!